Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm at work today, and there are only 4 of us in the whole building. About an hour ago, our IT guy came in. He said he thought Wally had something in his mouth he wasn't supposed to have, and Wally wouldn't let him take it. I came out of my bay and there was Wally, tail wagging, body coiled and ready to run away should I try to take whatever it was. I took a step toward him, and off he went. Our floor is a big square with a hallway running around it. Every time he'd get to a corner, he'd stop, tail whipping back and forth, and wait for me to catch up just so he could run away again. Eventually he trapped himself when the hallway went right back to where he'd started, and the IT was there blocking the way. We grabbed him and I reached into his mouth. It took me a moment, but I eventually pried out a Greenie. Weird. None of us had given him one. And it was a big Greenie, for big dogs. I apologized to Wally and let him finish his treat. 10 minutes later, the IT guy was back. Now, Wally had a ball he'd found somewhere. That was when we figured out what was going on. The IT guy was updating software on all the computers, and had gone around the floor unlocking and opening all the offices. Apparently, Wally had found someone's Greenie stash and tennis ball. The little bastard had been going into the open offices all stealth-like and gone through people's things. I guess someone will find their doggie stuff pilfered when they return to work on Tuesday.

As if the cold that resulted in a two week long cough wasn't bad enough, now that I've finally gotten over it, I've obtained a nice head cold. My nose has been running all day and the kleenex here is Soviet Union grade. My nose is completely raw.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Wally! Hanna has done that sort of thing too. What cracks me up is that they bring the treats back to where you are to enjoy them. If they stayed stealthy, you'd never know!

I'm on day 10 of my head cold - have fun!

7:07 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Hilarious! OMG, Wally must have thought he hit the jackpot.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home