Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Celebrities seem to be dropping like flies this year. Suzanne Pleshette was 70, and Sir Edmund Hillary was 88. But even the young ones are going away. Brad Renfro was only 25 when he was discovered dead. And now, Heath Ledger, star of films such as "Brokeback Mountain", dead at only 28 from an apparent drug overdose. He was discovered today in his Manhattan apartment by a house keeper. It seems sad when anyone dies, but even more so when they are so very young. I think if I was a celebrity (of any age), I'd be laying low for the rest of 2008.


Blogger Kelly J. Compeau said...

Oh, my God, that's awful. His daughter is still just a toddler. Now all she'll have to remember him by is Roar, Brokeback Mountain and The Dark Knight. :-(

2:34 PM  
Blogger LA said...

HOLY CRAP! I'm truly stunned!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous jen said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw this. He was a great actor- he had me with the Patriot and I have seen every movie since. Even Knight's Tale. He sure was not on my radar as a celeb that would die soon. I am shocked by this. I mean it is not like I have heard of him in and out of rehab or drunk driving or any of that. I thought he was a level headed serious actor.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I hope it was an accidental overdose - I find it hard to believe he'd take his own life when he has a 2 year old daughter . . . and a massage scheduled. But regardless, it's a tragedy.

His preformance in Brokeback was heartbreaking, and I thought he was great in Monster's Ball, too.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

It really is sad! I feel so bad for his little girl!

7:23 PM  
Blogger VirtualProducer said...

Sad story...He was one of my favorite actors.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home