Monday, January 21, 2008

I'd like to say I did something cool with the holiday day off, but all I did was sleep. I took a Bendryl before I went to sleep last night to stop the runny nose, and I ended up sleeping until 1pm. I got up when I heard my maid come in the front door. I watched TV while she was here thinking once she left and the noise died down, I'd take a shower and work on the side project. As soon as she left, I headed upstairs to do just that and thought, "I think I'll just lay down for a minute before I take a shower." The next thing I knew, it was dark out and nearly 6 o'clock. I feel better now, but hope I'm not up all night because of all the sleeping. I just hope this cold doesn't linger because I'm leaving for Vegas on Thursday to play in a women's hockey tournament.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Damn - I wish Benadryl could knock me out like that . . . but I am looking forward to a swig of Nyquil soon. I'm also thinking longingly about some pina colada flavored codeine cough syrup I was prescribed a few years back . . . it was lovely

8:09 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Last week I put myself into a Nyquil induced coma. It was delicious.

Feel better! And good luck in the hockey tournament.

8:17 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Nyquil is the best! I, too, wish benadryl had that effect on me. But, I take it on a nightly basis and still wake up in the night. You probably needed the rest. Good thing you had the time to recoup before you left for the tournament. Drink lots of OJ!

8:26 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I wish I had today off. Hope you're well before Thursday!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You weren't the only one taking a nap yesterday! Two of my cats were curled up on my bed sleeping so I thought I would just lay down with them for a second....turned into a three hour nap!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home