Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wally really cleaned up in the gift department at Christmas. He now has enough treats to last him through the year. Here he is (slightly blurry) posing with them:


No, it's not the apocalypse, it's just the aftermath of the Pasadena Rose Parade. Believe me, this is nothing compared to most other areas of the route. The amazing thing is that the city will have this all cleaned up by the next day.


I heard "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates on my way home from work today. I forgot what a great voice Daryl Hall has. It's hard to believe that the song, the first number one hit for the duo, was first released 30 years ago! Now I may have to go find myself a Hall & Oates greatest hits CD. Wait...I bet Kings Fan has one...

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

all year? those are barely enough treats for the week!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister used to be a rose parade person- you know white suit and gloves. Her and her husband would have different sections to be responsible for- set up and clean up along the parade route. They would prep things- staying up all night, then march in the parade, go to the football game and clean up. I don't think they do it anymore but she said it was fun at first and then a bit of a pain in the ass and not worth the tickets. I think they got four game tickets or could buy them at a discount. They did it for a few years.
Wally cleaned up.... my needy dog is heading to the goomers today and is no longer getting any left overs. Soon it will be diet dog food. She hasn't been limping!

11:28 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Wow! Wally really did get lots of goodies!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh man. Now that song is stuck in my head.

Looks like a great christmas at your house.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wally looks super happy to have a fresh stash of treats.

I have avoided the Rose Parade (and all other parades) since my sister stopped playing in youth bands.

Of course I have the Hall & Oates Best of... CD. You doubted me for a minute?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home