Friday, February 15, 2008

This photo was e-mailed to me today under the heading "Why Men Shouldn't Get Action Figures."

My women's league has a game tonight. All was going well until today when a flurry of e-mails came into my inbox, different players with different reasons as to why they wouldn't be making the game tonight. If my count is correct, we should have 7 players. For those of you unfamiliar with the sport, NHL teams generally play with 20 players, and in most adult rec leagues, 10 is an acceptable amount to play with. 7 means a long, tired game. We'll see how we do. It's frustrating to see so many teammates bail in the 11th hour. It takes a lot for me to not go to a game, such as "just had surgery" or "nose won't stop running" (I can't play with snot running down my face - everyone has their limits). The girls on my team need to suck it up and get on the ice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I hope that was road kill . . .
C'mon, snot? That's why the good lord made sleeves!

Hope the game goes well

9:27 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - It's hard to wipe your nose with anything when you're playing hockey and wearing a full face mask. And I mean full on runny nose that won't stop.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home