Tuesday, March 11, 2008

As if it didn't seem cruel enough when Dancing With the Starts included Heather Mills, the one legged ex wife of Paul McCartney, in their dancing competition - the show has now announced deaf actress Marlee Matlin will be one of the show's next contestants. Matlin had never danced before - other than at the odd wedding or bar mitzva - but is now practicing 7 hours a day with her dance partner, Fabian Sanchez. According to the AP article I read (yes, this is news now) to help Matlin with "hearing" the rhythm of the music, "Sanchez has modified some of the dances slightly so he and Matlin maintain more physical or visual contact than they otherwise might. But even when she steps out solo, 'she's got a natural rhythm,' he said. 'She's on time every single time.'" Clearly, I'm not the person who would ever watch or enjoy this show. Not only do I despise any and all reality television and reality competitions, I don't particularly enjoy watching celebrities (or anyone for that matter) make a fool of themselves in public. And I'm not just talking about the one-legged or deaf celebrities - I mean any of them at all. I wonder what next season will hold in store? Perhaps Corky from Life Goes On will be competing, as well.

It was 87 degrees out when I ran to grab some lunch earlier today. The beautiful weather makes it extremely hard to stay in the house and work on projects instead of grabbing my bike and heading up to the mountains. I know I'll be complaining about the heat soon enough...

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

The weather sounds wonderful there!

I admit I am a reality TV nut although I've never really watched Dancing w/ the Stars.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

DWTS the reality dirty secret. Matlin danced in Children of a Lesser God saying she could feel the music

Adam Carolla will be the one to look most foolish IMHO

7:52 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I agree with Diane about Adam Carolla.

BTW, next week is supposed to be D-Day for the McCartney-Mills divorce.

11:07 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

87 degrees?! I've put myself on a blogging hiatus because the stupid snow I'm trapped under has put me in a funk.

Wear some cute sandals for me.

DWTS isnt my cup of tea. Neither is Heather Mills.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home