Monday, April 21, 2008

As you've noticed, my schedule has changed...I'm now on that regular person Monday through Friday week which I am sooo happy about. (Finally! Weekends off!) Well, as of tomorrow, I will also be working from home. Right now, I'm waiting for my media to get copied so I can take my laptop and drive home but it may not be done on time. Then, off to home to set up all my new equipment. From now on, it will be Wally and I chilling at home in the office editing (well, Wally will be chilling, I will be editing). No more dogwalkers (yay for Wally and my checkbook!) and no more working in a freezing cold editing bay with no windows. Also, no commute, so I can ride the scooter around town locally and save a ton of gas.

I did some work at home when I was editing on BL and I really enjoyed it so I'm fairly sure I can keep on task. In fact, I get quite distracted at work so they'll probably get a lot more work out of me, in all honesty. I'd say I might get lonely, but I tend to stick to myself here at the office anyway. Not that I won't miss some of the cool people I work with, but we can still come around for lunch. I'm looking forward to seeing if I enjoy my added free time with no drive time. At least I'll get some use out of that home office I gave a makeover to over the summer!

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

As a bona fide telecommuter, I predict you are going to LOVE it. Congratulations on the new schedule AND the work-at-home deal. You def paid your dues!

6:15 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Congrats! I am so glad you finally get some sort of regular schedule...with no commuting!

BTW, how is baby Wesley doing?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

YAY for working at home!!

Wesley is doing fine...growing fast already, almost gained a pound already....but keeping me/us up all night...tired today for sure.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could work from home. gas prices are killing me. As soon as the weather gets better I want to start biking. It snowed here on Saturday! WTF??

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home