Sunday, April 13, 2008

Woo-hoo! We won our game last night and are the official champions of the Adult Bronze B division at Toyota Sports Center for Winter league 2007/2008. The game would have actually been pretty boring to watch because we shut them out 7-0. At one point in the game, one of the refs came over to our bench and asked how it was possible that we had lost a single game to this team. I think that's when I knew we had already won. Their highest scorer, also the top scorer in the league, averages over 3 points per game, but we totally shut him down to zero points during the first two games of the series. The reason I say only two games is because he took a slap shot to the face in the 2nd game (off his own player), which rendered him unable to play in the final game. We scored two goals in the 1st and only one in the second period. A 3-0 game is still pretty close in hockey and we wanted to widen the gap. Four unanswered goals in the third period helped, but I think my favorite part of the game was when two of the other teams players nearly came to blows on their own bench. Thanks to Kings Fan for staying away from the game, since he jinxed us last season. Unfortunately, he will no longer be allowed to attend any championship games we play in.


I'm at work today, but my schedule is finally changing and I this should be the last weekend I'll be working. After over 9 months, I'm ecstatic to finally have some weekends off. I'll also have a couple of weeks off from hockey games coming up, so it will be nice to sit back and enjoy a Friday or Saturday night.

On the down side, I've come down sick and have totally lost my voice. I can't speak above a whisper. But because I took a bunch of days off last week, I can't exactly take any sick time right now. Though it's annoying to be at work today, I'm pretty much well enough to work, albeit silently.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Congrats!

2:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Sorry you're under the weather, but great news on the championship. Congratulations!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

WOW! You look pretty happy holding that cup. How long were you allowed to touch it?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Congrats on the win! Nice trophy.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

That must be a pretty good camera to be able to capture a picture of you skating as fast as you can. I say this because I understand your team only gets the cup for about 5 minutes and then you have to turn it in to the league. I figured you would all try and get a couple of laps around the rink before your time ran out.

Any time I can help, you can call on me. If anyone else needs me to stay away while they try to accomplish something, I'm there for you. Well, I'll actually be HERE for you since I won't be allowed to be THERE.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home