Thursday, April 24, 2008

Summer season for the women's league at TSC starts tomorrow night. In regular TSC hockey department fashion, we just got the schedule two days ago and were just notified last night what teams we'll be playing on this season. Yes...that's right - in the women's league, the hockey department reserves the right to move players around from team to team to keep parity within the league. And even though I'm told that this past season was the most even season ever between the teams, I was notified I'll now be playing on another team along with another player from our team, and one other former team member has been placed on yet another team. This sucks on several levels, not only because I will no longer be able to play with the team full of women I have made friends with over the past year. I also probably won't be able to get my regular jersey number and I'm a little touchy about that. Finally, the league has changed the game times. Last season, our times ranged from 7:30pm to 10:45pm. This season, other than the occasional 9:30pm game, ALL of our games start at either 11:00 or 11:15. There is another division that plays on the same night, but I don't understand why ALL of the game time slots can't be divided equally (or more evenly) between BOTH divisions. My only thought is that this would be far too complex of a task for the meager minds that run the department. I've grown to enjoy playing in the women's league, but after this season, I may just try to get on another team at another rink (co-ed).

I was able to get back to the kickboxing gym today for the first time in a couple of months. It felt good to get a workout off the ice, but I did feel like I might die from being so out of shape. With the new work schedule and working from home, I'm hoping to be able to get back there much more often in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gizmo said...

NICE Blog :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I am SO out of shape, its not even funny! I used to play in an indoor soccer league and we had crazy game times like that...it was such a pain in the butt!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home