Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First of all, let me just say how awesome working at home is. I'm don't think I will ever wear pants again.

The other day at work, a co-worker was commenting on how adorable Labrador puppies are and how she wished puppies would stay small forever. I said I thought it would be awesome if there was a miniature breed of Labradors like there are with other breeds...a lab that would still be puppy sized in it's full grown form. A few hours later, I received a gleeful e-mail from her with the following link - an online ad for a breeder in SoCal making mini Labs. From the ad "Yellow male. Looks totally Lab, but in a smaller package. And a much more mellow personality. Loves to play ball and is super intelligent. This is a hybrid of Mini Labbe and Comfort Labbe, hence F2 heading. Bred to look like Labradors, but much, much smaller and easier to care for. Approximate adult size is 20 pounds; some are smaller."

First, I'd like to point out that I've never heard of a Mini Labbe or a Comfort Labbe (must do more research. Are they from Old England? What's up with the spelling?). Secondly, I have to ask...how much mellower of a personality can you get than your run of the mill Lab? How much lethargic can an animal get? Either way, I'm tempted to go look at one and see what the adults look like. A 20 lb. Labrador. How cool is that?

I'll leave you with this photo of a mini chocolate Lab.

8 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Glad you are enjoying the "freedom" of working at home!
That min-lab would make quite a playtoy for Wally.

9:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I just gotta say that I don't like the words "smaller" and "package" together like that.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks like a puppy. What do the mini puppies look like? Congrats on your new work status!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Don't fuck with mother nature

6:28 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I've never heard of that type of dog either.

Part of me would love to work at home!

7:21 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Just to be clear, those are both photos of puppies. I couldn't find any adult photos of mini Labs. Come to think of it, that's a little disconcerting.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

So I googled comfort labbe and besides the pages of the two pups on here there was only one other website and it was your blog! So much for me finding more info... I have heard of labradoodles. When I first saw the pic on your blog I thought you were enjoying being at home so much that you got Wally a playmate and were potty training! LOL

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two thumbs up for you,Very nice article

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home