Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I wish I had something as entertaining as discussing messy human remain particulates but I don't. I had one of those days that should have been easy, but pretty much went wrong from the start. By the time the end of the day rolled around, I was more than ready for it. As far as I knew, I wouldn't have to go into the office until Friday to pick up my paycheck and some extra footage. I just now (at 9:15 pm) discovered I have to go in TOMORROW. Again. I thought this whole working from home thing was supposed to mean I hardly had to go into the office, but lately it's been like every other day. I'm so annoyed. I can't even take the scooter because it would take me like 2 hours to get there and back on surface streets. Grr. Better day tomorrow, hopefully.

3 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I'm surprised you have to go into the office at all. They can't send you the footage digitally or have you log into a central system with all the footage available?

The latter is how it works for me. I log into the mainframe where I access what I need. When I'm done with my part, it's instantly available for anyone in the hospital to access.

12:39 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

They COULD send me footage over a big fat data line at the cost of about $10-15k on both ends. We're talking 25 or so hours of uncompressed HD video footage. Close to a TB (that's 1,000 gigs).

2:34 PM  
Blogger LA said...

What? You don't want a T-1 dropped into your house?

Yeah, I only use audio, so it's no big deal.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home