Friday, May 09, 2008

Today I got to take advantage of working from home a little bit. I really needed to get my haircut and my hair stylist is in Venice, all the way across town. I almost never ever go to Venice. But I was able to get up early, get a few hours of work in, then drive over there for a couple of hours and come back to finish up my day, putting in the rest of my hours.

When I came home, I noticed Wally was scratching at his right eye like crazy - he wouldn't leave it alone. Upon closer inspection I discovered his second eye lid (the interior one) is all swollen and red. I'm sure it has something to do with allergy season. He probably was itching his eyes and scratched it and it's bothering him. I gave him a Benadryl and put the cone of silence on him (or in his case, the cone of great satellite reception). At any rate, because I was gone for a good deal of the day already, I couldn't just take off and take him to the vet. Also an inconvenience is the fact that his vet is still in Manhattan Beach, right next to the studio I used to work at. Thankfully, they have Saturday appointments. Unfortunately, their only appointment available was 8:15 am. Yeah...Saturday morning pain in the ass to cross town that early, but also, I have an 11 pm hockey game tonight (about 2 minutes from Manhattan Beach, coincidentally). Sigh. I foresaw a very long, tiring Saturday. I did ask the vet's office to call me if they had a cancellation later in the day, which they did, so now we get to go in at 11:45 am. Much better!

Needless to say, Wally is not a happy boy right now. He's drowsy and he's itchy, and whenever he gets enough energy, he tries to pull his cone off. I hope he doesn't do something stupid with himself while I'm out playing hockey tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Poor WAlly! hope the eye is nothing serious, and love the pretty color of the cone of silence

7:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Keep us posted on Wally's vet appointment. I hope he's okay. You gotta find one closer to home. My sweet old vet just retired, and the woman he sold his practice to blows.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I always feel so bad for pets when they have to wear the cones! It does make me laugh a bit though!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home