Friday, May 30, 2008

It has been a busy, busy work day. I actually worked longer than the requisite 8 hours just because I was in the middle of something and wanted to finish it. Then I thought, ugh...time to blog and nothing to write about. That was before I did a quick scan of the headlines and came across this story.

If you don't know the name Natascha Kampusch, she is an Austrian woman who had been held captive for 8 years until she escaped to freedom in 2006. Kampush is now 20 years old, which means she spent much of her formative years in complete isolation. I can only imagine what sort of social butterfly she is - you probably can't shut her up. Her friends are probably always saying, "Man, if I had a dime for every time I had to tell Natascha to just shut up..." The reason I mention this is that Natascha's television talk show debut's this Sunday. That's right - she'll be the show's host and she'll be interviewing people on television...in front of other people...and not in a garage while being held captive. While I admire her ability to find work of this sort at such a young age, I have to wonder if there maybe could have been a more suitable...er, socialable...choice for television host. Although, it HAS been two whole years, so I'm sure she's completely better and more centered now and able to handle things like the press and paparazzi. I only hope her show is more interesting to watch than The Chevy Chase Show was.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

maybe she conducted imaginary interviews in the basement?

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home