Monday, May 05, 2008

Somehow, even though I had an early hockey game last night (we won, 7-3), I still managed to get to sleep late and had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. And then I remembered that I work at home on my own schedule (pretty much) so I turned the alarm off and just went back to sleep. I started work around 10 but started to have problems with my computer and an hour later, had to drive it into the office to get looked at because it would no longer boot. It took them the rest of the day to reinstall everything on it so the day was basically a wash. Because I had some unexpected time, I did manage to finally clean up around the house and start to get my office in order.

Today I also signed paperwork that makes me full-time staff where I work, which means that for now, I'm giving up on the big union jobs and the big union hours that come along with them. Working 8 hours a day with no commute is pretty hard to beat, and honestly, it works out to more per hour than when I was making union scale. I might change my mind in the future, it's certainly likely, but for now, I'm enjoying having time to spend with friends and my dog.

7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Congrats on being "official." Does that mean you get benefits, too?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Congrats! Your company does some of the shows that I watch=)

Very jealous that you can turnoff the alaram clock!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Nice!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Sweet gig!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

How can I get them to redo my kitchen?? ;) LOL

11:48 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - Sort of. I get vacation time and sick time, and I get access to benefits, but I have to pay a lot for health insurance (well...I consider it a lot since I'm used to the freebie Motion Picture insurance).

4:34 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

I'm late readingthis, but that's great news, congrats! I am jealous, I would LOVE to work from home. But, I might never get out of my jammies!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home