Saturday, June 21, 2008

I think it's the first official day of summer and I'm ready for it to be over already. 110 yesterday in L.A. and today it was 85 already when my mom got up around 5:30 this morning. It was 104 when Madeline, her friend and I headed into Old Town with Wally and Mobay to visit Three Dog Bakery. It turned out to be WAY to hot for the dogs (obviously) so it was a short trip. Here's Wally lapping up a cup of ice at Johnny Rockets:


I may have mentioned before that Wally is a nervous car rider. Here he is on our way back home crawling over Kevin on his way to the window. He pretty much rode the whole way in Kevin's lap like that.


For the rest of the day, Wally and I stayed inside with the A/C on high watching DVDs. I started with Superbad which was funny enough. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had been in high school. It also felt a bit long, but I think it was an uncut version which would account for that. Seriously...there's a reason 90 minutes is suggested for a comedy and 120 minutes for a drama. Much longer than that and they get hard to watch. Our second feature presentation was Charlie Wilson's War which I enjoyed. I've always liked both Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman so I wasn't too surprised. I found out recently that Square Pegs had come out on DVD so I rented it, too. I was able to watch two full episodes before giving up on it. Things just do not hold up, and now that I know who Sarah Jessica Parker (AKA horse-face) is, I found it even harder to watch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Hanna has had the drowsies all day. Our afternoon "walk" consisted of sitting on a bench in the shade.

10:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I eally liked Charlie Wilson's War. It took a complicated piece of history and made it understandable, and of course, it's history that's extremely relevant today.

My cats barely moved a muscle today.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home