Friday, June 20, 2008

My mom and my sister are flying out tomorrow before noon so today was the last tourist day of Los Angeles for them. We started out by heading down to the studio I used to work out to get a tour of the set. I think my mom was surprised to turn around right away and get introduced to one of the stars of the series. She later said, "Ooh...I should have told him I bought my ticket on Priceline!" They also got to see two other actors up close and personal, so I think the tour was worth their while. Here we are on the set (for those of you familiar with the show, that's the balcony behind us):


Then we headed over to Venice Beach to look in the cheap shops and watch the crazies walking around. I took Wally because I knew everyone at the studio would want to see him, and I thought he'd be fine at Venice but he got totally over heated. He's horrible to walk on a leash, constantly pulling, so he totally tired himself out.


Eventually, after seeing all there was to see there. we headed home - at 4:30 pm. Yay, traffic! Here's a couple more photos from the beach:

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

It's so funny to see the balcony like that. I always knew it was on a sound stage, but it REALLY looks different than I expected (smaller, especially). Fun that your family got to meet three main players. BTW, have you seen Swingtown? Mark Valley's been on it the last couple weeks, I think he might have a recurring part.

Stay cool!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Um, I take it the weather is hot right now in SoCal. It was raining on my way to the Cubs game yesterday and then we drove through a thunderstorm on the way back. Please be sure to have some cooler weather when I get back home on Thursday.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Looks like your family got the royal treatment while visiting!

la - is that show any good? I'm not sure even Mark Valley is enough to get me to watch

6:03 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - Let me put it this way. It's summer, there's not much on right now, and it's more watchable than reality or a nighttime game show.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home