Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Happy Wally Wednesday everyone! I haven't taken any recent photos of the little guy, so here's an old one of someone enjoying fun time in bed:


I stopped in at my local Barnes and Noble today looking for something completely different than what I left with. As soon as I stepped in the store, I saw the display for the new David Sedaris book (When You Are Engulfed in Flames) and I had to have it. For those of you unfamiliar with Sedaris' work, he writes humorous essays and short stories, and I tend to laugh my ass off while I'm reading him. This explains why I was a little confused when I opened the jacket cover to see what this book was about:
"It's early autumn 1964. Two straight-A students head off to school, and when only one of them returns home Chesney Yelverton is coaxed from retirement and assiged to what proves to be the most difficult - and deadly - case of his career. From the shining homes upon the hill to the back alleys of the notorious East Side, When You Are Engulfed in Flames confirms once again that David Sedaris is a master of mystery and suspense."

I was like, "What the...?" Then I continued to read:
"Oh, all right...
David Sedaris has written yet another book of essays..."
All is right with the world.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Funny guy!

8:22 AM  
Blogger LA said...

He's the best. My sister picked it up on Tuesday, and I'm waiting for her to finish it, which should be this weekend.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have to buy that book now!

p.s. that fake mystery sounds just my speed too

p.p.s. loved King Dork, and now I'm finishing up Getting Stoned with Savages

3:05 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Did you watch the end of that hockey game! I flew off the couch at the very end, I thought for a second Pittsburgh had scored to send it into overtime! Crazy!

4:29 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kat - I thought so, too! Apparently it wouldn't have counted anyway cause the clock ran out. I know Fleury will be kept awake for a week about that goal he knocked in with his ass.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I bought the book on Tuesday! LOVE DS!!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm halfway through the Sedaris book, and I've been choking from laughing so hard.

I love the way he turns a phrase, like describing Normandy as "basically West Virginia without the possums." Only Sedaris.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home