Thursday, June 05, 2008

I went and saw a movie with a friend this afternoon that ended up being far more hilarious than I intentionally expected. It's Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Judd Apatow (40 Year Old Virgin) starring Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis (That 70s Show) and Apatow veteran Jason Segel. I was surprised at the amount of times I found myself laughing out loud at this (somewhat romantic) comedy. Segel stars as Peter Bretter who has just been dumped by his girlfriend of 5 years, Sarah Marshall (Bell). In an attempt to get away from the stress of the breakup, Peter heads to Hawaii, only to show up at the hotel and find his ex staying there with her new boyfriend. It sounds like a typical romantic comedy setup, but the jokes are anything but typical (unless you happen to love Apatow). I probably never would have seen this, but now I recommend it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Didn't need to see Jason Segel's unit... but the movie was very funny.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Sarah Silverman? A freudian slip?

5:56 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I am a big fan of Jason Segel, so I saw this the day it came out to show my support. I loved it (and I enjoyed the full frontal, although my mom and her 81-year-old sister agree with Kings Fan). It's worth noting that Segal wrote it, too.

One minor correction, Edit, Judd Apatow didn't direct it. He was only a producer; an unknown directed.

Speaking of comedies, how bad does this Adam Sandler Zohan film look to be? I can't even watch the ads on TV, it looks so lame.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home