Friday, June 06, 2008

My neighbor was gone all day for work and asked if I would look in on Stryder during the day and let him out. Instead, I decided to bring him on over to my place so he could spend the day with Wally and I. After spending about an hour sniffing out the house, Stryder finally settled into a more restful state, though he seemed to REALLY be missing his mom. I eventually heard he and Wally playing as I worked upstairs, and then they both took big long dog naps. Stryder is finally home with his dad, happy tail wagging behind him.



DVD for last night - an indie film called The Lookout starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who you probably remember best as the youngest member of the Third Rock From the Sun ensemble cast. I've followed Levitt's career as he's gotten older and have to say that I'm always impressed by him. He's picked quite a few interesting (and sometimes not so interesting) indie films for himself since he's reached adulthood and you can add this film to the list. In The Lookout, Levitt portrays Chris Pratt, small town all-state hockey legend with his life ahead of him...until a horrible car accident leaves two of his friends dead and himself with frontal lobe brain damage. Now, prone to memory problems, sequencing errors, and Tourette's like outbursts, Chris is relegated to working as a janitor in a bank and spending most of his time with his blind room mate, Louis (Jeff Daniels). Some guys Chris meets at a bar befriend him, though it turns out, all they want is his access to the bank so they can rob it and force Chris into being the lookout. I enjoyed this film and felt endeared to Chris' character and his attempts to cope in every day life. The film took small twists and turns, and ultimately showed how personal integrity can drive someone to do things they never thought they were capable of.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

sounds good - thanks for the review!

6:15 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I love The Chronicles of Wally and Stryder.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I watched a movie on Lifetime, no need for a review...I'm sure you already know it's high quality tv!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

omg, that's the cutest picture of Stryder.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home