Monday, July 21, 2008

Remember how I mentioned last week that I ran into a small brick wall with my thigh? I've been able to play hockey on it twice since then, and although the leg is a bit stiff the next morning, skating itself has been pain free. Imagine my surprise, then, when I tried to play my first soccer game tonight and became basically unable to walk or kick after playing for about 10 minutes. The pain became excruciating every time I kicked the ball, but we were really short players (we had only 5 instead of 7) so I couldn't come off the field. I ended up volunteering to play goal where I let through approximately 5 goals in one half. I am now barely able to walk and am worried I may have done additional damage to my leg. I'm hoping I didn't tear anything. Now I'm off to take some ibuprofen and a hot bath, followed by some ice. I would say this was a rather inauspicious return to soccer for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Wow, you may need to see the doc for that, it looks bad.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Soccer kills- I played two back to backs tonight. It is rough, nothing you want to do with an injury. The ibuprofen is a good idea and so is the ice. You might want to buy some frozen peas. It sucks to be short players too. There is a place here where some of the soccer players go for ARP treatments- I guess it can repair ACL injuries without surgery. A couple of the girls on Jo's team have done it. It would help you get back much faster and I am sure there is one in LA.
http://www.arpwave.com/press5.htm

11:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Don't quit though- it gets easier. I want to see a photo of your legs bruised with welts where the ball stitching hit. I have had those a few times. ;)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

OUCH! One position I would never volunteer for is goalie, I've never been good at it!

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home