Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm throwing a party for a friend of mine next weekend, so I made a trip to Costco today. I don't have a membership any longer, so I haven't been there in a long time. At first I was like, "Ooh! I miss Costco! It's so cool!" Within 5 minutes, I remembered why I hate Costco - the unrelenting crowd of stupid self-centered people who like to drop their carts wherever they like so they can run over and get a Popcornopolis sample. I was glad when we finally got out of there.

I'm enjoying my day off today and am thinking about maybe going out and catching a movie later. Probably not Dark Knight because everyone and their cousin is there this weekend, but I would still like to see Hancock. We'll see if I get off my ass and actually get there. Wally and I are feeling rather lethargic in the heat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

C'mon now. You don't want to be sitting with 10 people in a theater watching Hancock, knowing 200 people are being shock and awed next door with Dark Knight.

Besides, I read they expect even bigger crowds for it next weekend . . . and it is really, really good.

As a former Costco employee (when it was known as Price Club), my advice is to never, ever go there on the weekend . . .

6:26 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I just read the Dark Knight made something like $155 million.

You never go to Costco on a weekend. Ya gotta slip in and out of there on, say, a Wednesday morning or something.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

DUH! You went to costco on a Sunday???? Diane and la are right. I take it a step further and do the executive membership- it gets me in an hour earlier- plus cash back. I got about $75 dollars which is more than the difference in membership price. I also never go when they are doing samples- it just sucks. You got to love the gas prices at costco though.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I HATE when people just leave there carts in the aisle and walk off! I think that is sooo rude!

3:49 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Hey, I finally saw a couple spots for Summer Showdown last night. Unfortunately, the premiere is on opposite Mad Men. I think you know what I'm going to be watching.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home