Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm sure you've noticed how there seems to be a Starbucks on nearly every street corner. When I lived in Burbank, I saw a new one get built and open literally two blocks from another one. Starbucks owns ore that 7,000 stores in the United States alone. As it turns out, the rough economy and the high price of gas has caused people to cut back on many things, including premium coffee. By 2009, Starbucks will close 616 stores in 44 states, the highest number closing in California. Starbucks has admitted that most of the stores that are closing were opened within the past two years...many within blocks of another Starbucks. That just seems like good planning, doesn't it?

For me, work has gotten busier and busier all week. They've asked me and some other people to come in and work over the weekend. Since I haven't had a single full weekend off since the onslaught of this show, I'm debating if I want to bother. I'm pretty burnt out. I did say I'd come in for awhile tomorrow just to finish up the piece I'm working on. Other than that, we'll see. I'd like to sit home and do nothing for a change.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

This might make you feel better. I've been asked if I want to fly a red eye to NYC Monday evening, take a deposition Tuesday morning, and then fly back Tuesday afternoon. Yep, they aren't evening offering a hotel room at either end.

That would be a thanks, but no thanks.

5:04 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

A bad economy and no caffiene? I'm waiting for the riots.

Is it just me and my student budget or is $5.00 for a cup of coffee the biggest scam going?

8:28 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Out of ALL the Starbucks in the Vancouver area, only one is closing! That totally amazes me...Some areas have four stores in a mile! There is a whole world full of better tasting coffee than Starbucks...

9:53 PM  
Blogger LA said...

It's not you, Mishy.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home