Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I woke up late for work today - always a good way to start the day. I took a quick shower, grabbed some icy hot and an ice pack and headed to work. Luckily, I have a job that keeps me in a chair for 8 hours a day so there isn't much walking involved. Work was par for the course as of late - lots of work to do and not a lot of time to do it. Today, we deliver the second of four shows which means, in theory, I shouldn't be here that much longer. It seems a bit sad that I actually look forward to the day when I will be able to edit a HH again. Mostly, I look forward to not having to wake up quite so early and being able to spend the whole day with my dog.

I think I've also gained 10 lbs since coming back to the office. When I'm at home, I usually just make myself a sandwich for lunch and take Wally out to play. Since coming back here, things have been so stressful in the office I look forward to lunchtime as a way to get out of the building for an hour so I'm buying lunch every day of the week, and it's not always healthy. I'm far too lazy to plan ahead well enough to bring lunch. I just recently started to run again to lose some weight, but now of course, I can't run. Hopefully, everything will be better soon when I get home and I can work out again.

Maybe it's because I'm stuck back in the office again, but it seems like summer is passing me by. Last year, I went to Australia and New Zealand for a month, the year before, it was 10 days in China. This year, I haven't even had the chance to go to the movie theater. Has anyone else done anything interesting with their summer?

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I think my trip to NYC is going to be the highlight.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Besides my quick trip to Dallas for a wedding my summer has not been that exciting at all! Last year I went to the beach. This year I'm taking a week off to help my dad do some updates on the house..I figured he deserves it after everything he has done for me this past year. I really need to do something fun though too! I'm thinking the beach in the fall!

Hope things get better and you can start working from home again soon!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Geez, I would have commented earlier, but I just got back from my second trip to Mexico in the last five months. Oh yeah, I also went to Chicago for two weeks and am heading to Vegas for the weekend. Oh yeah, I get to sit in a luxury box at the Angels game this afternoon.

With me gone and you working, I don't think we've had more than one chance to hang out. That's got to change.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I am going camping in Mendocino and Ft. Bragg starting this coming Wednesday-Monday. That will be fun! I am going to conquer a major fear of mine... I HATE the ocean, i think it really is just large bodies of water in general. I am actually going to go ocean kayaking with my friends. Check it out, it actually looks like it could be fun. It is going to be really big deal if I do it.

http://www.lostcoastkayaking.com/

And then I am hopefully going to go visit my friends in Colorado. Southwest has be advertising in Sacramento the first Non-Stop from Sacramento to Denver 79 dollars each way. How could I not go for a round trip under 175 dollars. I have a free place to stay and eat when I get to Colorado so I think that I am going to go at the end of August.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home