Friday, August 15, 2008

In an effort to get back in shape, I bought a cheap weight bench to lift free weights on at home. I already had some weights, so it cost me hardly any money at all. I've always played lower body sports so I have tiny, useless dinosaur arms. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Wait - you play hockey. Don't you need upper body strength for those slap shots?" I answer that with, "Yes, but you have clearly never seen MY slap shot."

During lunch today, I did a round of arm and chest exercises using 10lbs free weights. I now have jelly arms. That's right - from 10 lbs. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I really, really need to get my butt in shape! I keep saying I'm going to but I just don't do anything about it. I don't know how to get myself motivated!

5:20 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Yeah, I actually have been lifting a little everyday for the past week. It really seems to work.

Just start slow.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

You could, like me, have what my mother describes as"big German arms".

Push ups, baby is what will define your arms

8:18 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

great job on the weights. I have been trying to tone up my arms, I don't want to look like a pteradactyl (sp?)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home