Thursday, August 14, 2008

Since I haven't seen a movie for several months, I decided I'd relax this afternoon by going to the theater. I was excited to see Hancock still playing nearby, since I've wanted to see it but thought it had already left the theaters. When the trailers started, I was the only person in the movie theater. Perfect! Just as the movie was about to begin, a group of 6 friends came in and, despite the fact that the entire theater was completely empty, they decided to all sit right behind me. Originally, they were all going to sit in front of me. I think my glare scared them off. But what the hell is wrong with people that they had to sit two feet away from me in an empty theater? It was easy enough to move, but...jeez. I was in a completely empty theater once before when two people came in and sat right in front of my friend and I. My friend, a ballsy guy from New York, said loudly to them, "Are you fucking kidding me?" which caused them to scurry far, far away. When it comes to seeing a movie in the theater, I wish I was that confrontational, but I'm far more likely to just sit there, fuming, staring daggers at someone who continues to talk while the movie plays.

Good movie, by the way. If you haven't seen it yet, put it in your Netflix queue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

No desire to see this flick . . . .

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I've been in a theatre by myself and the same thing happened to me. Apparantly, I'm not that ballsy because I also did the staring until I decided to get up and move. I also don't really have any desire to see that movie, although if it pops up on TV and I'm in a full-body cast and can't reach the remote, I'll watch it. Oh, that's right, I'm not supposed to be so critical of the things you watch. My bad.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home