Friday, September 12, 2008

After being awoken around 6:30 by a wide awake puppy, I started my day with about 1,000 things to do before I left for the airport after 1. Since I needed to leave early, of course, a bunch of work came down the pipe at the last minute and I was rushing to get everything done while also getting everything packed.

I actually saved myself gas and parking by taking the Gold Line into downtown and then catching the Flyaway from Union Station. Total cost to get to the airport: $5.25. Unfortunately, I get back so late on Sunday night that the train won't still be running, though I can still take the Flyaway back to downtown and get picked up from there.

I flew Virgin America today. I'd really been looking forward to it because it's been touted as a "giant iPod in the sky." I have to admit - I really liked the mood lighting inside the cabin. It made it feel much less like public transportation even though I was still cramped into coach. At least all the seats were leather, and there were 110v and USB plugs at each seat. You could order movies on the touch screen at your seat, or snacks, or even chat with other people on the plane (though that seemed sort of odd).

Now, I'm in Seattle for the weekend and Rob and I just ate pizza at some place that was really good. I'm completely stuffed. I'm told the kids are sad but fine without me at home. Tomorrow - off to see the Portland Winterhawks take on their rival Seattle Thunderbirds (that's junior hockey), and whatever else Robert has in store.

2 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome day, have fun at the game...Go Hawks!

6:01 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Is that your own picture from the flight? Personally, I dig in-flight trivia.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home