Monday, September 08, 2008

Anyone besides me watch True Blood last night on HBO? It's a new series from Alan Ball (Six Feet Under, American Beauty) about Vampires (and Humans) in a small town on the Louisiana Bayou. The setup is that since a Japanese company invented synthetic blood, Vampires have "come out of the coffin" to the world to live among society. In theory, because of the synthetic blood ("true blood"), the Vampires can now buy their blood in a bottle and not have to suck a Human to death. I'm not one of those people who is super into Vampires (hi, SaladBats!), but I do like Alan Ball so I thought I'd give this show a try. I found it oddly entertaining in a super dark, sick, campy, there's-something-wrong-with-this way. My friend who watched it with me was disappointed, because she has read the books the series is based on, but I liked it and will probably watch again.

What new series is everyone else looking forward to?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

not new but I can't wait for Dexter!! Also for vampires my daughter and I have read all the Twilight books and she is pumped up for that movie! I hope we are not disapointed.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have read a couple of these books - they are the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris - I liked them alot better than Twilight.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Oh, and I second Dexter. None of the new series that I can think of . . . the new Simon Baker show looks like a rip off of Psych, and I'd throw myself off a pier before watching Raising the Bar . . . can't really think of any other new series

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw an article for this show and was actually a bit sad that I no longer have cable or really even watch TV. Hopefully, I'll be able to find it somewhere online and have a look.
The Harris novels the show is based on were pretty good. And I do enjoy Anna Paquin.
Fringe looks like it might be another fun show. Who's idea was it to greenlight some possibly decnet shows now that I've turned off the cable, hmmm?

-saladbats

8:36 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Don't have HBO, but I am very interested in this show because of the SFU connection. I was thinking of adding HBO just to watch, but more likely, will put it in my Netflix queue next spring.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I am curious about Fringe, so I'll give it a shot. But, stay tuned after tonight's series premiere for another exciting episode of Hole in the Wall. The first one had three members from the K&B show and, although they were a bit over the top, it was a fun show.

Surprised I haven't heard much from you regarding The Shield. After all this waiting, I thought there would be a huge post about the first show (of which I have on TiVo).

1:26 PM  
Blogger Randy Roadz said...

30 Rock
The Office
Shield

8:24 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I watched True Blood and I was so disappointed. I thought the acting was weak, Jeff found the Louisiana accents intolerable, and yea, I just really didn't like it. And I LOVES me some vampire stories! I was surprised that I couldn't really find anything redeeming about it.
I"m looking forward to more 30 Rock and I'm hoping that Fringe is good. When the heck is LOST going to be back on?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I'm looking forward to Fringe. I have the 90 min. pilot, which aired earlier this week, on tape and will watch it tomorrow night. I'm also looking forward to Dollhouse and 11th Hour.

For returning shows, I can't wait for Supernatural, Heroes, Smallville and Reaper.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home