Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A friend of mine who is also an editor is working on a project and needed some music for it. I happened to have some on a drive and told her to come over with her own drive and I'd copy it over for her. Her project is due in just a few days. It's for an organization called Karma Rescue that helps rescue dogs (mostly Pitbulls). She does a lot of work with them and has done a lot of work on this video piece for a big shindig they're having. She's been stressed out she wouldn't get it finished in time.

So she comes over with her $300 drive, I plug it in, start to copy music over, and before I know it - BANG! The drive crashes to the floor. Gracie had been playing with Wally in my cramped office and yanked the cord of the drive, pulling it to the floor. I tried and tried to get the drive to remount to no avail. Now, my friend has to buy a new drive and redigitize over 40 hours of footage for her project, which is now not likely to get finished on time. I felt horrible. We did find it ironic, though, that a rescued dog was the one who did the damage. At least she's one of those friends who totally understands when things get destroyed by dogs. Grace was trying to be in her cutest mode, too. She's lucky she IS cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Your friend is very understanding, Tiff. I would've had a stroke! :-)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Is this for their cocktail party? I've given money to karma so I got an announcement.

Whatever happened to Ray Charles the blind pit?

And this is why god made dogs so cite and loveable ...

6:27 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Aww, Gracie didn't mean any harm!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home