Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's been a long and productive day. I got a lot more done than I thought I would so I'm about ready to feed the dogs and settle in for a DVD (I think I have "21" with Kevin Spacey downstairs).

Grace got her first bath post shelter today. I would have taken pictures but was way too busy trying to hold her down. Unlike her big brother, the water dog, Gracie doesn't apparently enjoy getting hosed down in the driveway. Still, she smells much better now and is nice and soft. My friend had given me some dog shampoo a while back, but I haven't had a chance to use it since Wally has special non-itchy shampoo. Grace had a choice between cherries and green apples. We went with the apples. She now smells like apples (sort of) and dog (definitely). Once I got her dried off and let her back in the house, she ran upstairs and crawled into the bed - still wet. Ugh. Now it's time to wash the sheets...

I hope everyone else had a good Saturday, too. And Happy Birthday, Mom!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Hanna isn't a big fan of bath time either, but she has gotten more tolerant of it . . .

wet dog!

8:04 AM  
Blogger LA said...

"Enquiring" minds want to know if you were successful in your quest for Squeakers?

12:11 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - The Petsmart web site says they have them. I haven't had a chance to run over there yet. I'm still using the very last one.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Apple-scented dog? I can't even imagine what that smells like...but it can't be good. :-)

KJC

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home