Thursday, October 09, 2008

I was working in my office yesterday when Gracie walked in with a chewed up piece of black plastic in her mouth. I took it from her and looked at it - it appeared to be a strap from something but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what. In a panic, I decided it might be part of my new snowboard bindings, but a quick inspection of my equipment showed everything on my board still intact. The plastic clearly appeared to be part of something and it bothered me that I didn't know where it came from. Later in the day, I walked downstairs and happened to notice more plastic on the floor in the dark corner of my living room next to my stationary bike. I turned the lights on to discover not just one but both pedals completely chewed off the bike.

Now, you might say the evidence is circumstantial. Just because Grace showed up with the smoking gun in her mouth, so to speak, didn't mean she committed the crime. She did have a motive (it was chewy), the means (it was within reach), and the opportunity (I wasn't watching her at that specific moment). I'm no legal expert, so I'll let you decide. I submit the following:

Exhibit A


Exhibit B


Exhibit C


What do you think? Does Grace get the chair? (And by "the chair" I mean the big, soft green one that Wally likes to lay in).

6 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

My verdict is...guilty!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

very funny post.

I vote not guilty, purely based on the cuteness defense.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Wouldn't it be great to learn Wally framed her. Any dog who can roll their eyes is capable of framing another animal.

9:51 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - I think you have a career in law ahead of you!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Two words... Denny Crane!

Opps... sorry about that.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Guilty!

Life without parole.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home