Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Welcome to Wally Wednesday! I didn't realize until I saw how this photo turned out that dogs could actually roll their eyes.


I've been thinking a lot about vacations lately, probably because I'm desperately in need of one. I can take a week next year and have had a few plans. My ideas are constantly changing. My first idea was to go to Sydney for a week in May because it's a cheap time of year to fly to Australia and my friend just bought a house down there so I have a free place to stay. Still, even though I absolutely LOVE Sydney, there is so much of the world I still haven't seen. Plan two - go snowboarding in Chile next summer. Our summer is their winter, so it would be the perfect chance to get more snowboarding in AND visit someplace I've never been. A good friend from work is Chilean and can hook me up with friends of hers and cheap places to stay. My latest idea is to visit Iceland, a place I've been wanting to go for some time. Summer would be a great time to visit there. I have a gift certificate to the travel store here in Oldtown so I think I'll go pick up a book and read up on it. I do get two weeks off for Christmas - maybe holiday in Iceland and summer in Chile? (They don't force you to listen to Bjork in Iceland, do they? That might be a deal breaker).

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I have 9 vacation days left this yr and have no clue what to do with them.

That picture is funny!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

These are my possible vacation destinations for next year, depending on a variety of factors,

West Scottish Highlands
Italy
Caribbean

7:41 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

You have some awesome ideas for vacation locations. As much as I think those are great ideas, I have this weird need to see what's in this country before I go see what's in another country.

Reminder - don't pull a "Bean" and have your passport expire, only to find out when you get to the airport.

12:24 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kings Fan - I would NEVER pull a Bean. How did BEAN even pull a Bean! You apply for a passport through the Post Office, for god's sake!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home