Wednesday, October 29, 2008

When I was coming back from Blockbuster earlier this afternoon, I noticed our mailman was at the boxes delivering mail for the day. I also couldn't help but notice another guy in uniform standing behind him with a clipboard taking notes. From the looks of things, the mailman was being evaluated - maybe because he's new, maybe because he's a screwup - who knows. Anyway, seeing him there reminded me that with people in town visiting, I'd been negligent in picking up my mail from the mailbox. I went out to get it an hour later and was shocked to find my box virtually empty instead of brimming with mail and newspapers shoved in whether there was space or not, which is what usually happens when I'm remiss in emptying my mail box on a regular basis. The only thing in there was a slip from the mailman. I've never had this happen before, but apparently, if your box gets too full, they can just take all your mail out and make you come to the post office to get it. Either that, or I can sign the slip and have them redeliver it - in three days. Sigh. Now I have to go to the dreaded post office. I guess that's what I get for not checking it.

Happy Wally Wednesday everyone! Here's a photo of Wally kicking it at Venice Beach a few weeks back. As an extra bonus picture (for the kids in my friend's class in the 'Couv), here's Gracie enjoying her very first time at Venice Beach.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Oh, you people with home mail delivery are so smug!

9:41 PM  
Blogger LA said...

If you're like me, your mailbox is full of political leaflets and advertisements. I think I've been able to throw away about 95 percent of my mail the last week. (It helps that I've already voted.)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home