Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today has been a pretty easy day, touristy wise. My sister and her friend found some big estate sale going on in Silver Lake for which they had to leave at 8am. I told them to have fun and gave them the keys to my car. I have no desire to search through the remains of some dead person's estate. At least I got to sleep in. The dogs and I caught up on some Tivo. When my sister and her friend returned, it was nearly lunch time so we took the Gold Line into downtown and ate lunch at Philippe's, which I've blogged about before. We then meandered through Olivera Street, then back to Union Station for the ride back home. After a quick break, we headed into Old Town Pasadena for some shopping, then made it to my 6:30 soccer game (another loss - drat!).

One benefit of having my sister here is that my kitchen is actually being used to cook. At this moment, she is making Sloppy Joe's for dinner. Yum! I am sooo hungry. Then, I believe we are playing a board game (Sorry) or watching a DVD (Zohan).

I'd also like to take this moment to wish a very special birthday to regular blog reader, Kings Fan. Did you get anything good for your birthday?

3 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Sloppy joes look good! I haven't had one in a really longtime!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

You used the words "meander" and "drat" in the same blog. I believe that is a first.

Birthday was uneventful. Got several gag gifts and was taken out to lunch. The best gift was a full night's sleep.

9:48 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Yum, Sloppy Joes!

Many happy returns, KF.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home