Friday, October 24, 2008

On today's agenda: Knott's Berry Farm. I had actually never been there before so I didn't know what to expect other than what I've experienced with other theme parks - long lines and expensive food. I have to say, though, it was pretty cool. For one thing, since it was a weekday during the school year, there was almost no one there. We didn't have to wait in a single line for any rides which was very cool. We were able to walk right up and get on the rollercoasters and such. I was able to talk my sister into riding the Silver Bullet, one of their biggest roller coasters. It had been awhile since I'd been on one myself, so we rode it together. She was terrified! It was sort of funny actually, and I was really impressed that she faced her fear and gave it a shot. I wish I had bought the photo so I could share it with you.

That would be the last rollercoaster Darcy would ride, although she did thoroughly enjoy the log ride and the river ride (where we got soaked). I went on the Boomerang myself, and I must say - there's a reason they call it the Boomerang. I was done after that. All in all though, a pretty fun day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

The best part of working at Knott's when I was younger was being able to get into the park any time I wanted. Glad you had a lot of fun.

12:05 AM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Hey, I went on the Silver Bullet (not as terrifying, but scary in it's own right), and the horses! We also got thoroughly soaked on that river ride thing...

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home