Sunday, November 02, 2008

Grace has chewed up two of my three remote controls since I got her. In fact, I can no longer control my Blu Ray player because you can't fully control the disc with the buttons on the front of the unit. I broke down today and did something I never thought I'd do - I bought a universal remote control. Yes, it was almost $80, but I figured it would cost me at least that much to order a new one for the Blu Ray and another for my DVR. It was actually really easy to set up (and even worked with my Mac with no problem). All I had to do was plug the remote into my computer via USB, tell it the make and models of what components I wanted to control, and voila! My TV, my Blu Ray, and my DVR all on the same remote. It's awesome! Now, if I can just remember to hide it out of Grace's reach whenever I'm not using it.

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Gracie is sassy! You should get a container that has a lid for your coffee table (or wherever) to store your remote(s). Something made out of a material she's not attracted to. :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Brilliant idea! Why didn't I THINK of that??

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home