Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This sticker seems like a stupid little thing to get excited about as an adult, but every time I vote, I happily walk away with one stuck to my shirt. I felt especially happy this morning after voting at my poll where I didn't even have to wait. Friends in other parts of the city reported waiting from 1-2 hours to vote. The returns so far look extremely good, but it's hard for me to feel optimistic after experiencing the Gore debacle back in 2000. I vividly remember working a job until midnight where we all celebrated in front of the returns on the internet, then grew slowly silent as we watched once blue states turn red, one by one, in front of us. It was horrifying. I must admit, though, the dogs and I all feel a happy dance coming on (the dogs are Dems, of course). Fingers crossed. Congratulations to the rest of you who got your own stickers today.

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

We did it!

I remember 2000 also. I was working swing shift at the hospital, and me and a friend went up to watch television in the empty waiting room in the ICU at around 11:00 when things started getting crazy. It was nuts.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

Well now you can celebrate because WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

prop 2 has passed

hopefully prop 4 is going down

looks bad for prop 8 . . .

but . . . obama!!!!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I wrote "me and a friend." Please forgive that horrendous grammatical error. I'm sickened that I did that. Sheesh.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home