Friday, December 15, 2006

A friend e-mailed me this story this morning from NPR. Apparently, a firm that had been hired to help build the "border control" fence across the Mexican border was caught hiring illegal workers. The company will pay around $5 million in fines, and two of its executives may serve jail time. Clearly, this company is being used to set an example about the practice of hiring illegal workers. But seriously...they should be jailed just for being stupid enough to think this would work for them.

Today, I make my first foray out into the world since my surgery. I have to go to my surgeon for a follow-up appointment. This is not the first time I have wished that my doctor was in Pasadena, and not an hour across town in Century City. This will also be the first time I've worn anything other than flannel pajama pants in three days.

The song for today is "When The Doves Cry" by Prince. The only music I have ever liked by Prince came off the same album - 1984s soundtrack to his Purple Rain movie. I had friends who were totally crazy about Prince, and when I was 16, I drove a bunch of them to Seattle to see his concert (I was the only one with a car and a license). The show was on a school night, and Seattle was 3 1/2 hours from where we lived, so it was a really long night. The only thing I remember from that concert is nearly falling asleep during it, because I was so tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Having been to the Berlin Wall before it came down, I think the border wall is an incredibly stupid idea - but then nobody asked me

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home