Thursday, December 14, 2006

I was finally able to get a little bit of sleep last night for the first time since my surgery. I wasn't able to sleep at all the first night, other than 15 minutes here or there. Last night, I got a couple of hour blocks. The down side of being able to sleep for awhile is that my throat dried out and hurts to try to rehydrate. And while I have eaten a fair share of ice cream, it's pretty much had pain killers ground into it. I think I might have a new idea for Ben & Jerry!

I think I'll just move onto the song of the day. How about "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield? I can't remember if I've done a Springfield song yet or not, but I always remember this one because it's one of the first things I ever taught myself to play on the guitar. It came off his 1981 album Working Class Dog. I think he had 2 or 3 albums that featured his dog on the cover, and who can't appreciate that? I would have done the same thing with Wally.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. I have sung that song many times at the top of my lungs . . . and Rick was very, very cute

8:12 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I think that you're experienced the worst of it at this point, and it should be downhill from here. Tonsillectomies (and chicken pox) are WAY worse on adults than children. Sorry to hear you've had so much pain. Is someone helping you with Wally?

12:04 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Hell yeah, Rick was cute. He STILL is!

la - yes, lots of friends coming by to say hi to Wally and get him out to play. Thanks for asking.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Still have my tonsils, so I don't know that pain. But I did get the chicken pox (for the second time in my life) in my early 30s and that was pretty bad.

Still like the Rick Springfield music, but I don't share that with many people. I feel safe writing that here, because not many people will read this.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can imagine that Ben and Jerry's flavor.

Va Va Va Vicodin Vanilla

LOL

rob

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home