Friday, January 26, 2007

Boy, the people at Blogger are really pushing the new version. Any more news from people who have upgraded? Has anyone had success, or just a lot of failure?

I locked my first episode last night and was finally able to sleep in a bit today. Until 7, but still. I'm leaving for Portland first thing tomorrow morning and Wally is going to stay with my assistant. He's looking forward to his weekend at the beach. I'll have to publish the blog from my mom's dial-up connection, so there may not be many photos until I get back.

I came across this cool website in the back of Wired magazine yesterday. The company is called DNA 11 and they make art out of your DNA and fingerprints. It's a bit spendy, but very cool and if I ever have a bunch of extra cash I don't need, I'll probably buy one. Here's how it works. You send in a sample of your DNA (I'm assuming in the form of a blood sample), they extract the DNA and map it, take a photo, and then turn it into art. They can alternately do this with your fingerprint. It's pretty cool looking and something I would enjoy having on my wall because I'm just that geeky.


The song for the day is "Goodbye Stranger" by Supertramp off their 1979 release Breakfast in America. I really did not grow up listening to Supertramp. I'd heard their songs but I couldn't necessarily match them with the band. I never game them a second thought. But then I saw Magnolia. Only a few songs on the soundtrack were recorded by someone other than Aimee Mann, and two of them are Supertramp songs. They've been on my playlist ever since.

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm not a big Supertramp fan either, but I do like that particular song . . .

11:16 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. I think that artwork is pretty cool too, and I too am interested in reports on the latest blogger upgrade

11:17 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Ok, are you sure that song came out in '84? I thought it was popular the year I graduated from college--'79. I'll have to check.

12:17 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Googling, I came up with this site which says it was 79, I knew I remembered sitting in a bar after a class one night with a philosophy prof who thought Supertramp had created the worst music he'd ever heard! (Until that point, I thought he was hip, now I have to agree with him and can see why I liked them)

http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=pakPrtymjRE&aid=5yXQcfSE0AP&sa=X&oi=music&ct=result

12:20 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

You're right. Sorry. iTunes said 84.

12:23 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yeah, I was going to say... I graduated in '81, and that album and song were already out. God, I'm old.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

As an interior decorator, I find that whole DNA/fingerprint artwork very intriguing. I'm bookmarking the site for future refernce. Thanks, editthis!

BTW, it was all smooth sailing for me, upgrading to the new Blogger. No hitches whatsoever.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home