Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I’m home from the Northwest today and back at work, waiting for Wally to show up. I missed him all weekend and am excited to have him back. I got home late last night, but have a few photos to share with you.

This girl was about 13-years-old and it was about 35-40 degrees outside. Not only that, but we were at an ice hockey game, so it wasn’t exactly warm inside, either. My friend and I followed her around the coliseum for some time before I remembered that I had my camera in my pocket. Inspired by Malingering, I managed to snap this photo just as she turned to enter into the arena. Note the very tiny skirt (I just hope she had underwear on) and the legwarmers. What you can’t see here is that she’s wearing thongs on her feet, too. We saw her again after the game, and both of us were just staring at her and her ridiculous outfit. We got caught staring and she laughed loudly in our faces as if WE were the ones who were idiots. What kind of parent lets their kid out of the house like this?

Here, as promised, are a couple of photos of my nephew, Caleb, skate boarding. I love to watch him skate. He was at the skate park initially, then he and his friend wanted to head up the street to skate off what they referred to as a “4 stair” which, as it turns out, is four stairs. They also made reference to a nearby “6 stair,” etc. I felt so square and un-hip.

The song for today is one I woke up with in my head this morning. It’s “Don’t You Want Me” by Human League off their 1981 album Dare! I was never a big fan of the band, though this song was alright. Somehow, I woke up with this song running through my head. I don’t even have a clock radio that could have planted it there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

nice photos! was the badly dressed ten getting lots of attention from the boys?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

And people think I'm crazy because I wear shorts to hockey games...

Cool pics of the nephew...

I saw Human League in concert several months back and they were pretty awesome. Original three singers and they sounded really great and had a lot of energy.

10:21 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I love that you love Malingering! She literally has thousands of shots like this.

I bet Wally went nuts when he saw you today.

12:41 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - no, I think they were ignoring her.

LA - How could anyone NOT like Malingering's site? It's most of what I hate about people in general!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. I second you and la on malingerings site - she's brilliant!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Now I'm singing that Human League song! Welcome back and slobbery kisses to Mr. Wally!!!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home