Monday, January 29, 2007

It's my last day in Vancouver, and I fly back to Burbank tonight. My mom and I are about to head over to have lunch with my sister during her lunch break.
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of getting to watch my nephew, Caleb, skateboard in a skate park. He's been skating for years, but I've never had the chance to see him to it. He's a natural athlete who picks up sports easily and has great dexterity and hand-eye coordination. There's a small skate park out in Ridgefield near where they live, conveniently located right next to the police station. I was impressed to see his skating abilities, and had to keep looking away every time he crashed into the cement ground, only to get right back up and try the jump again. I took some photos and will post them when I get back home, so you can also be witness to Caleb's mad skillz.
Last night, I took all three of the nephews to the movies where we saw Night At The Museum, a movie that wasn't necessarily on my must see list. For some reason, I was under the impression that it would be enjoyable to much younger kids (the nephews are all in high school). I'm pleased to say it was much funnier than I expected, and even my nephews were laughing quite a bit. Ben Stiller was his usual amusing self, and it was nice to see Ricky Gervais in a big screen role in America.
The song for the day is "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive off their 1985 album Youthquake. (Cut me some slack, I'm missing my iPod. I have to rely on bits of annoying music that has gotten stuck in my head). This is the only song I could ever tolerate by this band, and by tolerate I mean I can just barely listen to it. I found it listenable enough back in the day, but the transgender club dance music was never really my style. I think they were pretty much a one hit wonder, and you can sometimes hear this song being used in commercials for things like Hoover Vacuum cleaners.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

If I'm not mistaken, I think I was the one who mentioned Night at the Museum and was pleasantly pleased as to how good it was. Glad you had a chance to see it and liked it.

I agree with the whole Dead or Alive theory, although "Brand New Lover" wasn't horrible. I got a huge shock years back when I saw a picture of my ex-wife's brother when he was younger. He looked just like Pete Burns, who is now a transgender freak show in the UK.

Hurry up and get back and fill me in on your trip.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I love Ricky Gervais! I'm listening to his first season podcast of the Ricky Gervais show on my iPod. Great song too

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home