Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wally was initially glad to see me yesterday, then ran off to spend more time with his new best friend, my assistant, who watched him over the weekend. He was being very rebellious all day yesterday because I had left town, but when I got him home last night, he crawled right up onto the bed to cuddle. JD said he came to the conclusion while dogsitting that Wally is “very needy.” I don’t know what he’s talking about.

Since it’s Wally Wednesday, here’s a photo of him from when I used to have a house and a pool. He’s a water dog, so it was nearly impossible to keep him out of the water.

I finished reading the latest John Grisham book last week. It’s called The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town. This is Grisham’s first foray into non-fiction writing. I’ve read everything Grisham has written, but I was especially interested in this book because it takes place in small town Ada, OK where my assistant grew up. It’s the true story of one man (and a few others) who were sentenced to death in Oklahoma for crimes they didn’t commit, later to be exonerated by DNA evidence…but only after spending 12 years on death row. It’s an interesting story, and certainly makes you wonder about the death penalty, and the legal process used to arrive at a death sentence. Like all of Grisham’s books, it’s an easy read, and you’ll easily get to know the main characters.

The song for the day is “Pretty In Pink” by The Psychedelic Furs. I don’t know if this was on one of their own albums, because I always remember it from the Pretty In Pink soundtrack from 1986. I loved this movie, and I love this soundtrack. It’s a perfect example of great music from that year. If you haven’t listened to it in awhile, go check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Hanna is very needy after I get back from holidays too

Sounds like a good book - I enjoy Grisham's books

I love, love, love that song - the whole sound track album is one of my all time favs

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home