Monday, February 26, 2007

Don't know how many of you may have heard about this story, since USC's hockey is only a club program, but I thought it was pretty funny. Apparently, USC was on a road game when, during a stoppage of play, their goalie decided to pull down his pants and moon the crowd, ride his stick like a pony, and slap his ass. I'm sure your normal college hockey crowd would not be terribly offended, but USC happened to be playing in Logan, Utah against Brigham Young University. Goalie Mickey Meyer was cited for lewdness, ticketed, and ejected from the game. I'm would have liked to have seen video or a photo, because goalies are loaded up with equipment and everything is strapped on. I'd like to see how he got his pants down, including his jock and the socks that come all the way up your thighs.

I was talking to my friend, Jim, in Australia about what we should go see in Melbourne. As it turns out, he's lived there his whole life and hasn't done much touristy stuff, has never seen an Australian Rules Football game, etc. I sent him a list of things I'd read about in my travel book. One thing my friend Eric (who traveled extensively in Oz) said everyone did in Melbourne was go to Philip Island. I didn't know much about it until I looked it up. Not only do they have a Koala sanctuary (my sister will be so jealous) but every evening at sunset, you can witness the march of the penguins from the sea to their sandy burrows. At first Jim had said, "Well, Philip Island is sort of far away." I looked it up - it's only an hour and a half drive. I told him I absolutely had to go. I must see the penguins march!

The song for the day is "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band off their 1981 release Freeze Frame. Oh, to rollerskate again. This is one of those songs that takes me right back there, and to the early days of MTV. I don't know much about this band, but always enjoyed this song.

5 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I ADORE koalas! I can't wait to hear about your trip. When are you going again?

9:20 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Mishy - Hopefully, mid May to mid June.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

sounds like a GREAT trip! And I too would insist on seeing the koalas and penguins march!!!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I fell in love with Australia when I was 14, and after I die I want my ashes sprinkled at the base of Urulu.

12:19 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - I know people like your penpal who live in their own little box, oblivious to the world around them. You are going to end up schooling him on his own country (as well you should!). It cracks me up how many people I meet who have lived in their own little pocket of LA county their whole lives and consider a 30-mile drive across town a huge adventure, one they've rarely taken. Sad, sad, sad.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home