Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's Saturday and sunny out, though it's cold right now. Looks to be a nice day for me to sit around and do a lot of nothing.

I was talking with my neighbor this morning, and was trying to convince her to teach her 2-year-old (white) daughter nothing but ebonics. What I wouldn't give to see her saying things like, "Oh no you din't!" and "Fo' sho" and "Can I axe you somethin'?" That would be so awesome.

Several months ago, a friend of mine, a guy who has always been way ahead of the computer/internet curve, tried to explain to me the idea of Net Neutrality. It wasn't that long of a conversation, and I sort of got the idea. Well, for those of you who also don't fully understand the concept, savetheinternet.com has put together a video that clearly explains it. If you care about free speech and the internet, I highly recommend you watch it. You can get more information at their website.



The song of the day is "Something So Strong" by Crowded House off their 1986 debut album. I like Neil Finn, no matter what band he's in at the moment. I own a few Crowded House albums and have enjoyed them all. Their debut was a great album, and a definite example of the sound of 1986.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm a Crowded House fan too . . . and it was in the 40s here this morning. If the 2 yr old learns ebonics, can you also convince the mother to change her name to a phonetic spelling?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I am getting ready to go out on the town, as the kids say, and it is literally pouring buckets as I type. How am I supposed to look dashing when I am going to get drenched when I step out of my car. God, I can't wait for summer and it being 105 degrees in the shade!

That is beyond awesome that you were trying to convince the 2-year-old's mother to teach her ebonics. I know she would go far in life with such an extensive vocabulary.

I am going to have to find out what the Net Neutrality is all about. I have not heard of this until I read your post.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATHRYN said...
I'll get Sofie to explain Net Neutrality to you in ebonic sign language. :)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home