Thursday, February 22, 2007

It was cold, then it got warm, and now it's raining. This is about as close to having a season as we get here in Southern California.

I don't have too much to write about today. The director/producer watched the show and said it came out better than he expected it would, given the script. He said, "Well...it doesn't suck." I told him that's what I strive for. I'm thinking of putting that phrase on my business cards.

Working with the director again today, and trying to fit in taking Wally to the vet at some point so they can look at his giant fluid filled sac of flesh that doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. If I woke up with something like that on my body, I would FREAK OUT, so Wally's being a pretty good sport about it.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Not only do I not have to work, I really don't have any work to take home with me. Though I do have some short film stuff to work on. I'm anticipating a decent amount of time sitting around and doing nothing. Blissful.

The song of the day is "Someday, Someway" by Marshall Crenshaw off his 1982 self-titled debut album. Yet another song that reminds me of those early MTV days, but I couldn't name a single other song that Crenshaw ever recorded. This song, in particular, is a great example of early 80s pop. Happy song, simple lyrics, and a melody that gets easily lodged in your head.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Nothing to do all weekend? I guess this means you can get through a few episodes of Season 2 of The Shield.

Like the fact that you can pull songs off your iPod (several of which I have mocked openly) and have some of them hit home. Loved that Marshall Crenshaw song. But don't you remember that other one... it's called... um... oh, who am I kidding. That's the only one. Good choice!

1:42 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Our weather has been nuttier than a fruitcake.

Glad the director liked your edit! How are the shows assigned to you? Is it a simple rotation system or something?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Edit - "Well... it doesn't suck," would be an excellent phrase to place on a business card. I would look into it if I were you. When will your episode air. I will make sure that I watch it, even if Law & Order:SVU is new.

Oh the California weather. It rained up in Northern CA as well. It had been about a week w/o rain, so it was a nice change of pace. I don't know about you, but we desperately need rain up here.

I hope that your weekend is restful. Catch up on some reading or as kings fan suggested, watch the Shield Season 2. I think that Season 2 was the best season of all.

Poor Wally! How are his bowel movements?
If they are still loose, there are a few different diets out on the market. The two that I suggest are CNM EN and Science Diet i/d. Good luck, and hopefully there doesn't need to be another surgery for Wally.

10:56 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - There are 3 editors, and we cut every third episode.

Ryan - This episode I'm working on right now is airing March 20. Wally's tummy is fine now (the i/d food cleared that up), but he has this fluid that doesn't seem to be going away, despite the heat compresses. The next step is a compression bandage, but the vet wants me to try heat for another few days.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home