Sunday, February 04, 2007

Blog reader Diane asked yesterday what shows I Tivo. Many of these are cable shows, so they have short seasons or summer seasons. I also only tape new episodes. Here's the list, in no particular order:

Lost
Two and a Half Men
ER
Desperate Housewives
Medium
The Office
Extras
My Name Is Earl
Family Guy
Bones
Monk
Scrubs
Huff
24
Big Love
The 4400
King of Queens
Weeds
Heroes
Dexter

The song for the day is "China" by Red Rockers. I always liked this song, but was a little disappointed by the video when I looked it up on YouTube. It's so very 80s, but I always thought the song was a little weightier than the video suggests. The song comes off the band's 1983 album Good as Gold. Red Rockers were a New Wave band that came out of New Orleans. Now, if there's a city that just screams new wave, it's New Orleans, right? (Huh?) I was surprised to find they actually released 3 albums, when they really only ever had this one hit. They used to tour as an opening act for bands like The Cars and U2. If you don't remember the song, check out the video here:

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Good list! I was sort of ambivalent about Big Love - I kind of liked it, but not as much as some of the other HBO shows. And you must, must, must add The Wire on HBO to your list!

I was also a huge Deadwood fan, but no more seasons to come, just a couple of 2 hour "movies"

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't watch House? That's the only TV show (non-cartoon, anyway) that I DO watch.

12:19 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

The Wire and House are two shows I've been told several times to watch. I need to go through them on DVD since I'm so late to the game, much like I'm doing with The Shield now.

1:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

edit - I don't really feel you need to "catch up," per se, with House. I think you can jump right in.

I just finished watching season #1 of your show. I've never watched any of the earlier shows by DEK before, so I'm a total newbie to his style. I absolutely adore the writing. Season #2 should start arriving via Netflix this week, and I can't wait.

4:54 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - thanks for watching the show. To properly enjoy DEK you should be a) a liberal, and b) like midgets. He's a little quirky, but I like it. Hope you enjoy season 2.

10:13 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I am liberal, and I really appreciate the sometimes covert, sometimes overt political agenda. In fact, I was just telling a friend about it and said "there are two conservative characters on the show... one is completely humorless and a failure with women despite his good looks and the other has Alzheimer's." I think she's going to start watching.

Actually, my 72-year-old Republican mother loves the show, too. She literally said, "that Brad Chase can park his shoes under my bed anytime." Of course, I had to swallow Valium when she said it, but ultimately it's good to know she's still among the living in her widowhood.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Very good list of shows. Makes me feel like a total dweeb to know that my list is even longer. I think I need to pare it down because I'm considering taking a day off from work to play catch-up.

Excellent song! Now that's the kind of 80s music that I liked.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home