Friday, February 02, 2007

Finally, it's Friday. And it's a Friday where I don't have to a) work Saturday morning, or b) get up at 5am to get on a plane Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, though I have so much to do around the house since I haven't been there during daylight hours in about a month. My lemon tree in the front yard is about to break because I desperately need to trim the branches, and at least one light is burnt out in my house. Hopefully, I'll be able to relax and not run around like a crazy person doing errands all weekend. I do have a decent amount of Tivo to catch up on, so that should keep me relaxed.

Wally has to have some surgery next week. I actually asked them to do it, and it's pretty minor, but I'm concerned because they have to put him out. He hasn't been under anesthesia since he got fixed when he was 5 months old. He has to large-ish fatty deposits, one on each side of his rib cage. These sort of lumps are very common with Labradors, and since they don't hurt the dog, they usually recommend not doing anything with them. However, one of them has grown to about twice its size in the past couple of weeks, so I'd like to have them removed sooner than later. Plus, I'm tired of people asking me if he has cancer because of the tumors. As if I may have not actually noticed the obvious lumps myself.

Song for the day is "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. It's been in my head because of the new Rocky movie, since this was the theme song for one of the earlier Rocky films (3?). The song comes off their 1982 album of the same name. I have to admit, I have more than one Survivor record in my closet. And in case you didn't know, their lead singer (I'm pretty sure it was Jimi Jamison) sings vocals for those "Real American Hero" beer commercials.

6 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Eye of the Tiger is unbelievably catchy. My brother's cover band plays it, and it's surprisingly popular.

Good luck to Wally on his lipoma removal. I'm sure he'll do fine need lots of love and cuddles from his mama.

Enjoy your well-deserved downtime!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

You are right that Labs get lumpy as they get older. Hanna has developed a small fatty lump, but the vet said that unless it gets big, there is no need to take it out. She also has had to be put under a few times - twice to have a tooth pulled and once for knee surgery, besides when she was spayed. Thankfully, there hasn't been any problems.

But he will need lots of love and treats!!!! :-)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - speaking of people asking stupid questions, after Hanna had knee surgery, we were coming back to the house from a short trip to go potty - keep in mind that Hanna is walking on 3 legs, and her right rear leg is completely shaved, and she's wearing her E-Collar/Cone of Silence to keep her from licking the stitches (the doggie honor system hadn't worked as well as I had hoped) - when we run into the next door neighbor - who was an orthopedic surgeon at the VA Hospital, and he asks me if Hanna has to wear the Collar/Cone because she bit someone . . .

Ummm, no . . .

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love and kisses to Mr. Wally, the little guy. I didn't know the lead singer did those Bud commercials. You are a fountain of information!!!

12:00 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - People are idiots. BTW - when Wally wears his big cone collar, he's so big that he looks like a Satellite dish. There's nothing sadder than that dog in a big collar.

12:00 PM  
Blogger LA said...

diane - HA! Orthopods are considered the "dumb jocks" of medicine.

Those cones are hated by cats as much as by dogs.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home