Monday, February 05, 2007

Wow – what a difference a couple of weeks makes in the weather here. Just a few weeks ago, it was consistently in the 40s when I left for work in the morning, and today it was nearly 70. Yesterday, I was able to wear shorts and open up my windows for the first time in forever. Of course, maybe the weather has been better for awhile, but I’ve been locked away in my ice box of an edit bay for too long. At any rate, Wally and I both enjoyed our Sunday off.

I did a ton of errands this weekend and caught up on my Tivo. I even had time to sit around and watch a few episodes of The Shield last night because there was no new programming on for me (stupid Super Bowl). I was also able to spend several hours on the internet in the afternoon researching my trip to Australia, which is finally beginning to gel.

How could I mention the Red Rockers yesterday without going on to pick the Red Rider’s “Lunatic Fringe” as the song of the day today? The song comes off the band’s 1981 release As Far As Siam, but also enjoyed a resurgence in 1985 when it was featured on the Vision Quest soundtrack. I appreciate that even the album clipart from Amazon says "Value Plus" on it. Enjoy the video from this one hit wonder:

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Australia is going to be a great trip! I'm working at home today, so even though I am indoors, I can at least here the bird's chirping for me to re-fill the bird feeder

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home