Tuesday, February 06, 2007

For those of you interested, my first solo edited show airs tonight at 10pm on ABC.

I dropped Wally off at the vet’s this morning for his surgery. He weighed in at 99 lbs! His diet food is sure working. He weighed 111 in November when I first changed his diet. He will look even more slim and sleek when he gets the two big fatty tumors removed from his ribs.

I read this story today about the female astronaut who assaulted another woman who was a rival for the attention of a male astronaut. Lisa Marie Nowak drove 12 hours from Houston to Orlando to meet her opposition’s landing plane. She then followed the other woman, U.S. Air Force Capt. Colleen Shipman, to the long term parking lot, tried to get into Shipman’s car, and then doused her with pepper spray. When police arrived, they found Nowak “wearing a trench coat and wig and had a knife, BB pistol, and latex gloves in her car. They also found diapers, which Nowak said she used so she wouldn't have to stop on the 1,000-mile drive.” Now, I’ve done road trips before, even road trips when I’ve been in a hurry. But seriously, in 12 hours, how many times would you possibly have to stop to use the restroom (assuming you weren’t drinking a ton of liquid)? I can’t imagine any situation where it would occur to me that wearing adult diapers might be the solution to my problem. Also, don't they go through some sort of psychological evaluation before they get sent into space? You have to wonder what happened to make someone go from basically normal to completely bat shit crazy.

The song for the day is “Our House” by Madness. The song comes off their 1983 self-titled LP. I have to be honest in saying I hated this song in the early 80s when it came out and was played endlessly on MTV. I didn’t learn to appreciate it until much, much later. Since I wasn’t in college (or in England) during that decade, I don’t know much about the band, but I do like this song now. They have a ton of albums out, so I assume they have a pretty big following.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

"One Step Beyond!" - another Madness ska song . . . hope all goes well for Wally, and I will tune in to see your show tonight - congratulations!!!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Still laughing about the female astronaut who drove to fend off another woman. Well, the diaper-clad woman is married with three kids and is accustomed to wearing diapers because that's what they wear in space. But seriously, is there really someone worth going through all that trouble for? I didn't think so.

A trim and slim Wally sure is a sight to see. Good for you... and him.

12:16 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - I'd be tuning in anyway, but now I'm extra excited! Congrats on your first solo flight.

The story about the astronaut is one of those situations that proves the "fact is stranger than fiction" adage. I also note the accused starts her journey in Texas and ends in Florida, which actually makes sense to me considering the details. I'm starting to wonder just how carefully NASA screens their people.

Best wishes to Wally and his new svelte figure. My brother's lab puppy is up to 40 pounds already at just over 5 months old.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the episode.

Space messed the astronaut...who knows what experiments they went through? OR perhaps, the feelings are more intense between astronauts up in space...all alone, floating in a tin can....

Hey...time to update IMDB!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your name tonight!
"Madness" seems an appropriate band to pic for today following the Astronaut story. Totally mad!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - how did Wally hold up today???

7:16 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - Thanks for asking. Wally held up fine, like a trooper. Although, when the Dr. called me I could hear him crying in the background as he came out of the anesthetic. He's sleeping right now, still woozy and on painkillers.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

xdggqgtNicely done editing job! And glad to heat the big guy is recovering

11:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Great job, I loved the show tonight. And it couldn't have aired on a more serendipitous night, considering the Ted Haggard headlines today.

Happy to hear Wally is well. :)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home