Friday, February 09, 2007

I've been busy with work all morning, but I thought it was time to take a small break and post something. Not that I have very much to say except that today is Friday and I have the weekend off. In fact, I actually have most of the weekends off between now and the end of the season. This is due to the fact that, to catch up on our rather behind schedule production, we've decided to double up for 8 straight days. That means two separate crews on two stages shooting two different shows simultaneously. Eight days of double ups is a pretty big deal. Usually, when you need to do that, someone writes an "L.A. episode" where one of the crews can go film on location around the city while the other crew shoots another episode on the stages, but we did that at the end of last season.

The only thing I'm going to mention about Anna Nicole Smith's death is how horrible I think it is that someone walking by shot video as the paramedics tried to resuscitate her. Doubly horrible is the fact that the company that shot it has managed to sell it for half a million dollars.

The song for the day is Kim Carnes' "Bette Davis Eyes" off her 1981 album Mistaken Identity. The song went on to win Song Of The Year at the Grammy's. I never realized she was a cross-over artist, but her roots are in country music, and after her own performing fame, she went on to write for several other country artists. Her raspy voice singing this song will always remind me of early MTV.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Glad to hear your work load is a bit more manageable. It seems everything associated with ANS is a fiasco

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home